Take me to Mount Everest

Take me to Mount Everest

We all know that Mount Everest is the highest point on the planet. Each year, many professional climbers and extreme sports enthusiasts attempt to conquer this mountain. If you are anything like the Bright Side team and not quite ready for such an achievement, this post is for you. Here you can simply admire the beauty and magnificence of the mountain, captured by amazing photographers from around the world.

Mount Everest is located in the Himalayas. Its southern vertex lies on the border of Nepal and Tibet, and its northern vertex is located in China.

Take me to Mount Everest

Everest is the English name of the mountain. Tibetan natives call it Chomolungma (’lady or hostess of the winds’).

Take me to Mount Everest

Take me to Mount Everest

The top of Mount Everest was named after the leader of the British expedition that explored the Himalayas.

Take me to Mount Everest

Take me to Mount Everest

The oldest Everest conqueror was 80 years old. The youngest climber to reach the top of the mountain was only 13 years old.

Take me to Mount Everest

At the highest point of Mount Everest, you will inhale only a third of the amount of oxygen you intake normally, which is caused by the reduced air pressure.

Take me to Mount Everest

Take me to Mount Everest

Buddhist prayer flags on the trail to Everest.

Take me to Mount Everest

At night, you can see a gorgeous view of the sky full of stars and the majestic Everest.

Take me to Mount Everest

The giant mountain is still growing because of the continued movement of continental plates. The height increases by 4 mm every year.

Take me to Mount Everest



SOURCE: BRIGHTSIDE

Comments