Last Saturday's Local Government Elections: How I Voted

Last Saturday's Local Government Elections: How I Voted

I was extremely feeled with joy when I learnt about the movement restriction on Saturday morning. I knew categorically well that it would be the only reason for me to stay indoors on a Saturday. My weekends are the only time I have absolute control over and I like to take care of my private businesses during the weekends. This is because Sterling Bank pays for Monday to Friday but I still need to do my own thing (One road no enter market, you know). So, Saturdays and Sundays are dedicated to the young man's private hustle. I am sure my mom was very happy too because all her complaints on the fact that I hardly get any rest always falls on deaf ears. I am not disobedient, I just have to be present in those business meetings and part take in those discussions because you cannot absolutely trust people when that amount of money is involved and so that they can remember your face when the cake is fully baked.

So, the restriction was a blessing, I woke up early in the morning to tidy up some things like I usually do on Saturdays. I wanted to conclude these assignments and start another round of sleep. Very cold weather, I decided to sip some tea while I watch the concluding part of that movie. I was still feeling sleepy. I just went straight to the bedroom for the second round of sleep. 25 to 30 minutes in the wonderland, the noise from some miscreants in my area arguing on some irrelevant issues woke me up. I even learnt that the patrol Police intervention could not stop these hoodlums for creating a scene. I quickly rushed out to see for myself what the problem was. I noticed that it was just a group of people arguing on an irrelevant subject.

I wanted to go back to sleep but I noticed that that lovely street football we really enjoy when we were younger was on again. I quickly dashed down, I was surprised that everyone else was already there except 'Wole.' It took only a few controls and passes from me to remember that old age is catching up with me gradually. I started blaming myself for my ill-advised decision. 'I should have just return to bed'. I thought

So, I visited this my friend later in the evening and I noticed that he was doing the same thing I did earlier in the day - Sleeping instead of voting. We had a few discussions and I was ready to leave around 6:00 pm when he told me about all the unforeseen cost he had to incur to make sure his business keeps on going and I really felt his pain. I got home about 7:00 pm and I was on the bed when that call came in. We spoke for over 30 minutes on the phone and none of us wanted to end the conversation. We just kept going on and on.

Oh, I thought this article was meant to inform you guys about how I voted. Honestly, I did not even know who the contestants in my area were.


God Bless Us All



Olusanya, Oluwole Sheriff

Comments