my TOP 7 IN 20SEVENteen.

 my TOP 7 IN 20SEVENteen.

Hellos evribudi, you received this mail and you were wondering where the heck I have been all these while. Please accept my sincere apologies for not communicating my short absence to you guys. I didn't plan for it too. I was intellectually exhausted and I decided to take about 3 weeks off. In consequence, I used the opportunity to catch up with Game of Thrones from the first to the last season. Trust me; you don’t need to tell me that Jon Snow and I have a lot of things in common. I think I deserve to be the Hand of the King when he finally ascends the Iron Throne. I should be better than Tywin Lannister in discharging my sacred duties. Oops, I almost forgot o, Winter is here and the WhiteWalkers are here for us all. Well, guess what fellas? I have my dragon glass and my vaglrian steel sword. So, let the battle begin.
Okay, enough about the Army of the Dead! Today, we would be discussing my top 7 articles for the year 2017 and I would explain in extensive details why each one of them made the list. Please note that all my articles are special to me, I only chose these 7 because of the significant contribution and amount of controversy they individually generated. Welcome on board.

1. DEFINING MOMENTS OF 2016: OMRAN DAQNEESH AND THE ECHOES OF THE SYRIAN WAR
This is the first article I published in 2017. The article was sent to my readers on the 4th of January  2017 and it was posted on my blog on the same day. It is a very special article to me because it was inspired by the picture of a little boy surrounded by the nightmare of the syrian war. To read the article; Click here

2. LAGOS IS MY SUCCESS STORY: LAND OF HUSTLE
My article titled; Lagos is my success story: Land of Hustle was written and self-published by me in the way of a mini-autobiography. I plan to write and publish my autobiography later in life. Perhaps, I believe that this article has proved that it is very possible. The title was inspired by the Lagos @ 50 celebrations' theme. Putting this piece together was a wonderful experience. To read the article; Click here

3. THE MANCHESTER CONCERT TERROR: A MINUTE SILENCE FOR SAFFIE ROSE ROUSSOS & Others
Just like Number 1 above, this article is a sad reminder of the carlos and inimical acts of lawless and mindless individuals. The Manchester Concert terror attacks is not something we would all forget in a hurry. It happened on the 22nd of May, 2017 and it shook the whole world. Among the dead was Saffie Rose Roussos, an 8 years old girl who departed this wicked world as a result of the sad incident. Safie's selfie was the first picture I put up on my blog. It is my own little way of showing solidarity to those that lost loved ones in the tragic event. To read the article; Click here

4. GERMANY LEGALIZES SAME-SEX MARRIAGE: LET's DO THE RIGHT THING
Friday, 30th June, 2017. The German parliament voted in favor of same-sex marriage and I encouraged their Nigerian counterparts to do the same. I believe that we should give everyone the freedom and opportunity to choose the kind of person they would like to spend the rest of their lives with without the fear of persecution and discrimination. I also believe that our society will only get better if we do so. This article gave birth to the most controversial debate in my writing history. A lot of friends and readers were offended; very few believed that it is the right thing and I also believe that it is the way forward. This is the most read article on my blog to date; I got about 100 views in less than 3 days. You can follow the link to read all about it and leave your comments in the box provided. To read the article; Click here

5. LIFE AND THE ESSENCE OF LIVING (PART 2)
Death is inevitable. The most depressing thing about it is the fact that it will come when we are less prepared and when it is least expected. This article was inspired by the death of a neighbor during childbirth. I pray for God's kindness upon the dead and his mercy and blessings upon the living. To read the article;  Click here

6. happy belated betday to my dad

This is the first time I have ever mentioned my dad in any of my articles. My siblings read it and they were impressed. To read the article; Click here

7. Is Anyone Feeling 'Krushy'? 10 'Krushious' Pictures - Just for You
This article is revolutionary as well as comedic. What kind of writer keeps quiet in the face of excessive oppression? Sometimes, we need to remind our leaders that we have a significant role to play in their success and they need to always remember and acknowledge that. This is the most commented and one of the most read articles on my blog to date. My colleagues still commend my bravery and professionalism in the course of putting this epic piece together. To read the article; Click here
Conclusively, I need to thank every one of you for your love, understanding and patience in the course of the year. For my new year gift, Click here - It is one of the most interesting articles I have ever written.

Happy New Year.

God Bless Us All

Olusanya, Oluwole Sheriff

Comments