THE #15FOR15 CHALLENGE IS HERE

 


TRENDING TOPICS

 

It is the first day of April and this is an interesting reminder that we made it through the first 3 months of 2022. 

In a period of 3 months, a lot of interesting events have taken the center stage, and most notable among them is the Russia-Ukraine War. The invasion of Ukraine on the 24th of February 2022 by Russian forces which has spiraled into a full-scale war continues to dominate global headlines. As always,  most mainstream news media platforms continue to use their power of influence to sway opinion and skew narratives to suit their agenda.

Back home, the 2023 General Elections continue to gather momentum. In the coming weeks, more politicians will declare their intentions to vie for various political posts and party defections will continue to make headlines. Insecurity continues to pose a major threat. At SHEFFA, we will continue to pray that Nigeria is safe and prosperous for all, and I want to use this opportunity to implore every one of us to see the precarious security situation of our dear country as our collective responsibility. The Nigeria of our dreams will only be possible when we work together and contribute our quota towards the upliftment of the country we all hope to see. #SeeSomethingSaySomething

Moving swiftly on, I remember the telephone conservation I had with Gbenga, my friend that relocated to Scotland in 2019 in the first few days of this year. Gbenga called and he was like, ‘Oluwole, what are your plans for the year?’ and I was like; ‘my plans for the year are multifaceted, I have plans of what we need to achieve with sheffa, my relationships, and love life, our contract with Lagos state government, my political career, my studies, my job, the project in Ogun state, and a lot of other things.’ We spoke at length and Gbenga shared his plans with me too. Strange but true, I am not a fan of writing plans down. I write them in my head and every morning when I wake up I remind myself of what I want to achieve in life; the missing link between where I am presently and where I want to be.

Interestingly, delivering a completely new website was one of the things I told Gbenga I wanted to achieve in 2022. On the 17th of August, 2020, We launched SHEFFA. SHEFFA was a dream come true and the journey has been a rollercoaster experience but we could not post new content on the website since the 28th of August, 2021, and efforts to surmount this challenge have proven abortive. So, Jeff (Our in-house IT personnel) and I decided it is best to build a new website from scratch so that we can do away with WhoGoHost and all the drama that comes with Webhosting on a Nigerian web services company.

Ladies and Gentlemen, on Friday 15th of April, we will be launching an all-new website while retaining the brand name and assets and most importantly, the goodwill of the SHEFFA brand. But, we won't go out without making some noise and disturbing your peace. #WeAreSheffa, we are not peaceful people.

For 15 days while we countdown to the official launch, we would be sharing 15 different interesting features of the new website and why this is different from the previous ones.

Today, I start the official countdown to our new website, please permit me to bother you for 15 days while we bring one of the most interesting websites in Nigeria to you in bits before the official launch.

#WeAreSheffa, #WeAreDifferent.

 

Magnificent – Rick Ross Featuring John Legend.

 

Oluwole Olusanya

Oluwole Olusanya

Writer/Businessman/Entrepreneur
Oluwole Olusanya is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of one of the fastest-growing lifestyle and entertainment website in the country. He is a banker, writer, blogger, public affairs analyst and a tax consultant. He anchors Trending Topics on SHEFFA where he shares his thoughts and opinions on trending issues. He is currently studying for a Master’s Degree in Business Administration at the University of South Wales, Wales, United Kingdom. He has diplomas in Banking and Finance, Investigative Journalism, Creative Writing, and Linguistics from Lagos State Polytechnic, Isolo, Lagos, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland and The Open University, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom.

 

Comments