#THINGSWEDOFORLOVE: DAVE & LAUREN’s STORY IS UNIQUE.

#THINGSWEDOFORLOVE: DAVE & LAUREN’s STORY IS UNIQUE.
On Friday, 10th February, 2017, the same day I published my article on how to make our marriages work on my blog; (http://shegzsablezs.blogspot.com.ng/2017/02/would-you-want-your-marriage-to-work.html). Insider sent a mail asking us to send in inspiring stories on the things we have done for love at some point in our lives to celebrate the St. Valentine’s Day and win some amazing prices. Kene was the first person to tell me about the mail and I had not really made a final decision on what to write for this week so I would like to acknowledge that the mail was heaven sent.

Perhaps, I am sure we all have something out of the ordinary we have done in the name of love at some point in our lives that is worth sharing but I think Dave’s story is extraordinary and inspiring. In the next paragraph and beyond, I will entertain my readers with an interesting story about a guy I would refer to as Dave (I would tell you guys his real name at the end of this piece) and some really funny things he did for a particular chic in the name of love at some point in his life. Please enjoy.

Dave recalls, ‘we always have the issues of erratic electricity supply and constant power outages in my area. Hmm, I think every Nigerian has the same issue when it comes to shortage of electricity supply, it is part of our culture and we have all devised different ways and manners to combat the challenge. One of the ways is to make sure we charge all our gadgets – mobile phones and others in a particular bar few meters from home anytime the alternative power generation set is not available. This bar also provides the latest European soccer matches which keeps us entertained while we watch over our chargeable items.’  He recounts.

Reminiscing about how he met Lauren, He could not really remember the exact date, ‘she is the first daughter and child of the female bar owner, she lost her dad at a young age because the bar owner is a widow, she and her two female siblings visits their mum’s shop occasionally.’ He continued, ‘I fell in love with her the first day I saw her, this chic made a lot of sense and I decided immediately that I would make sure she becomes my babe no matter what it takes. Dave’s decision to hunt the girl of his dreams led him into a series of interesting choices; I would share a few of them in subsequent paragraphs.
  •  The Rap Song- One of the notable things Dave did was to write a rap song for the chic of his dreams. But the funny and intriguing thing about the idea of the song was that he eventually wrote a song for the right person with the wrong name. His explanation is interesting and wearisome at the same time. He explains; ‘I was desperate to impress this chic and I had a game plan. A staff of her mom named Blessing invited me to her (Blessing’s) birthday party which co-incidentally would be celebrated on that year’s St. Valentine’s Day, I was so certain that Lauren would be coming to the party and I wanted to woo her on the same day. So, I wrote a love song and titled it – Beatrice (A friend told me her name was Beatrice prior to that day). I performed the song in the birthday party for her, she enjoyed it but she noted that her real name was Lauren and not Beatrice as I was previously informed. Hmm, it all good, she loved the song but wanted me to correct the error on her name. That’s meant that I had to produce another song for her.’ He remembered amid missed feelings.
  •  The Fist Fight- Dave’s story is full of intrigues but there are some actions in it also. He vividly recalls the day a visit to his girl’s house turned out to be a serious exchange of blows between himself and his chic’s landlord. ‘I was desperate to see her, she had not been picking up my calls and I had very few options. I could not ask her mom if everything was fine with her daughter because of the hostility and disapproval she had displayed towards the whole affair. I was going crazy; I wanted to know if everything was fine with her. I decided to sneak into her house and check on her at a particular night when I am sure her mom would be in her bar’. Dave gives an illustration of his desperation but the account of what his desperation led him to is the real deal. He continues, ‘I decided to sneak into their house; I wanted to be sure everything was fine with her but I was ignorant of the fact that her neighborhood have been having alarming cases of petty thefts and other misdemeanors.’
  • ‘I was about to leave when I had a voice; “who is there? Who are you?” My heart raced, my brain paused for the moment. “Should I come out and face whoever it was? Should I try to escape? He can’t be as fast as I am but what if he held a gun?” ‘I was still in the middle of the confusion when he grabbed me, “Leave me alone, please leave me alone,” ‘I should have just begged him and we would all live happily ever after but I wanted to form Bruce Lee in the presence of my babe. So, we started exchanging blows but the guy had a lot of support from other friends and neighbors in his area, they dragged me and I started begging them,’ “Lauren ni mo wawa, Lauren ni mo wawa e jo o (I am here to see Lauren, I am here to see Lauren please).”  Dave repeated.

  •  The Great Bath- ‘I was preparing to go to bed when a big brother from the neighborhood walked into our living room, “Dave, please can you come with me?” He demanded and he explained extensively how the bar owner complained bitterly to him about the platonic relationship between me and her daughter. He also suggested that I should go and apologize to her and promise to stop seeing her daughter’. Dave recounts the result of his thoughtless decision; ‘I had a really nice bath when the woman showered me with buckets of remnants of dirty waters. My big brother and I could not believe that this woman had a great plan for me. I just walked into it’.  He concluded.

Conclusively, I would love to remind my readers that not all love stories end on a positive note. Dave had to make a very tough decision to discontinue the relationship and move on to better things which was (according to him) one of the hardest decisions he had to make in his life and it may also interest you to know that the girl of his dreams (Lauren) was impregnated in her first semester at the university. She still roams about with her fatherless child.

On the flip side though, this is my favorite part of the piece – it is the part where I get to reveal who Dave really is. I would like to appeal to my readers to carefully read this whole article again and replace Dave’s name with Oluwole’s because this whole story happened to me when I was really young and when I had my first encounter with love.

Do you think I was stupidly in love or just been young, truthful and inexperienced? Please leave your comments on my blog with the hash tag - #ThingsWeDoForLove



Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Oluwole Olusanya

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to know that you have done these crazy things for love. Not to worry, the experience has made you wiser but naughty as you keep chasing after Tosin in the branch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot.
    Your comment is appreciated.

    Regards
    Oluwole

    ReplyDelete
  4. All what you have done for love is actually not bad at all. Alot of us has done worse things. Nice write-up anyway

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment