POEMS WITH RUKENNY




WORLDS APART

That I want you
Is an open secret
I can't hide.
But it seems I can’t have you

The bounds between us.
Is too wide we can’t cross.
So high we can't climb.
Too strong we can't break it.

As much as we can, we've tried
But our hands seem tied.
Maybe, there are doors
We simply can’t walk through.

I know you want me
As much as I want you,
Our hearts know this truth.
But why does everything still keep us apart?

These bounds holding us back are tight.
Maybe it’s not worth the fight.
Maybe I’m not the one
You were meant to find.

©RUKENNY

 


Esther Kalu Ndidi also known as Rukenny is budding poet, short story writer, content writer, freelance writer and journalist who explores her love for writing with the scribbles from her heart, with the aim of impacting positive change. She is a student of Mass Communication in Yaba College of Technology, Lagos

Comments