RONKEWRITES




My first Crime (part 4) Final Episode.
Two days later, I decided to be courageous and tell my bunkmate the truth.  If I didn't steal the milk, she won't have suffered so much. "My actions caused all these and now I have to make things right." I said to myself and walked towards my bunkmate where she sat. "Don't cry again, you've served the punishment already and the person who caused all these would still be punished." I said to her with so much sympathy. "I will never reverse the curse I placed on that person, the person deserves it. Even though I placed that curse when I was angry, the person still deserves it."
My bunkmate said those words to my face and I was scared to tell her the truth. I didn't steal the milk on purpose and she won't want to understand that I was hungry. I didn't mean to put her in trouble or cause Mrs. Uti to be suspended. "What if the person comes to you to confess, will you forgive the person and forget about everything?" My bunkmate started closely into my eyes after hearing my question. "What's the point? I have served the punishment and Mrs. Uti has been suspended. If the person comes to apologize, it won't take away all the pain or do any good. I know I was wrong to bring evaporated milk to school and that's why I always kept it in my bag and never brought it out. But someone stole it, made me angry and everything was exposed."
My bunkmate spoke with tears in her eyes. "It's okay, don't cry again. Forget about everything." I stood up to leave and I was really depressed. "It's true what my bunkmate said, saying sorry or asking for forgiveness won't take away all the pain I already caused her. Besides, she already told me she won't reverse the curse. I have to live with this curse for the rest of my life." I have learnt a valuable lesson which is, never to take any action that will cause myself and other people pain because even though there is a reason behind my bad action, it can either turn out good or bad.          

The End.
Writer's comment: I hope this story has taught everybody a valuable lesson. The lesson of this story is not just about the milk that was stolen. I used the ‘theft’ to portray a bad action. The narrator didn't steal the milk, she wanted to but she was hungry and she hoped that God and her bunkmate would understand why she did it. Her bunkmate had to suffer for the theft and it was already too late to apologize. In the end, she regretted her action and not telling her bunkmate the truth before things got out of hand.      
Now, let's apply it. Most times, we take certain actions and expect people to understand why we did it. It becomes too late before we give them the opportunity to understand. We suffer and they also suffer for it. As human beings, we should be careful of the decisions we make and actions we take. Our decisions and actions can either destroy a lot or repair a lot. Don't always expect or assume the person understands when you've not made any effort to explain things. Therefore, whatever you do in life, do not procrastinate before you explain to a person why you did what you did. The action you take, whether good or bad can either yield good or bad results. Remember the story "My first Crime
Thanks for reading everyone. Expect more stories from Ronke.




 Igbi, Blessing Aderonke anchors - RonkeWrites. A weekly column on SHEGZSABLEZS’BLOG where she shares her novels, short stories, poems, inspirational/motivational books and quotes.  She is an undergraduate of English Education in the University of Lagos. She believes in true love and sincere friendship. She loves to offer advice on matters of the heart and hopes to become a famous writer and publish as many books as possible. Please follow her on Instragram @ronke16-official and Facebook @Blessing Igbi.

Comments