POEMS WITH RUKENNY




WHERE WERE THEY?


Where were they?
When my pillow
Was the only listening ear
That knew my pains
And absorbed my tears every night.

Where were they?
When I bathed daily with tears
And love was my greatest fear?
Nursing heartbreaks
That leaves my eyes awake.

Where were they?
When my smile was a façade
Of the hurt love had made
You gave me a reason to live again
And you kissed away my pain.

Where were they?
When I was at the verge of signing a contract with death
But you filled me up with breath.
You taught me to love again
My sanity you made me regain.

You came,
And loved me despite what I became
You took every piece of my heart
Knitted the shreds together
And promised we’ll never be apart.

Now they say
You have me hypnotized
And that’s why I make you prioritized
They said I should leave you
That we’re not compatible too.

They don’t like you
Because they can’t understand
They say you’re not good enough
Because they can’t comprehend
Why our love has stood the test of time.


©RUKENNY



Esther Kalu Ndidi also known as Rukenny is budding poet, short story writer, content writer, freelance writer and journalist who explores her love for writing with the scribbles from her heart, with the aim of impacting positive change. She is a student of Mass Communication in Yaba College of Technology, Lagos


Comments