LAST SUPPER WITH EDDYFLAMES



Turn Around

It’s a new year,
Waking up with my hands on my dreads,
Dragging it backwards intensely and consistently,
It was just days back I held my pen and paper,
Resolution they call it,
But there it was shrunk inside the trash bin,
So much for old habits,
Folks say it dies young,
A bottle of whiskey on my table,
Besides it; cube of ice in a cup,
Calling for a refill,
My ash tray filled with used cigarette sticks,
Flames from the last stick, floating left to my bed,
On my bed, a call girl whose name I know not,
A naked skinny blonde,
I wondered how she share different beds each night,
Gazing at her shape,
Drew my eyes to her bold tattoo,
A crucifix laying on a bed of roses,
Crafted on her waist,
Brought a smile to my face,
Her profession / Her Faith,
Called to attention,
The thought of my deeds came knocking,
I reached out for my bible,
All I got was Hebrew 10:26,
A new path ...

Purple Butterfly.🦋

Imasuen Edward A. also known as EddyFlames with the signature - #PurpleButterfly is a banker whose passion for writing started at a very young age. He writes directly from his heart and He hopes to make the world a better place with his artistic talents.

Comments