POEMS WITH RUKENNY




TO LOSE A CHILD

Maami,
You never told me
Life would toss me this way
Back and forth
Round and round
To this day,
When my heart will bleed
Nurturing the death of my seed
I never knew
This pain will feel so true.
You never prepared me
For this pain.

Omo mi,
You died with a part of me
A deep scar you dug in me
One that will forever be.
My nipples longed
For your soothing suck
But its hope ran out of luck.
My arms yearned
To daily cuddle you
But its desire weeps too.
I never envisaged
To lose you.

No one shared in it
The painful delicacy life served me to eat
Is that how sweet pain can be?
I enjoyed it all by myself!
Savoring its taste,
It traveled through my veins
And formed a river.
An endless flow down my eyes
That I swam in it.
It was the only memory I had of you.
A story I'll never stop telling
Is how you had made me a mother!

©®RUKENNY




Esther Kalu Ndidi also known as Rukenny is budding poet, short story writer, content writer, freelance writer and journalist who explores her love for writing with the scribbles from her heart, with the aim of impacting positive change. She is a student of Mass Communication in Yaba College of Technology, Lagos

Comments