TRENDING TOPICS


OUR WHATSAPP GROUP IS ONE.


Hello Everyone,
Friday’s date was 17th January, 2020. I am sure someone somewhere is wondering what the significance of the date is. Well, we celebrated the first anniversary of our official WhatsApp group.
I remember vividly that I created our WhatsApp group at about 8:30pm on the 17th of January, 2019. I added 268 people from my WhatsApp contacts without their consent and permission and hell was let loose. I received a number of messages from offended friends, they were very upset. One of our writers threatened to stop working with us, it was really serious. The next morning, I had to send an apology mail to all our readers where I promised to call everyone I added to the group and apologize to them personally.
In less than 24 hours, more than 100 people had already left, I felt really sad. I was particularly disappointed by one of my very good friend whose excuse was; ‘oluwole, sorry I left the group, I have too many groups already’ Well, I still called a handful of people and apologized to them.
Truth be told, what I did was wrong in all ramifications, I should know better but you would all agree with me that I will wait forever if I waited for 268 people to provide their consent before adding them on a WhatsApp group. It was hard, I had never created any WhatsApp group in my life. The truth is, I am not a social media person but creating a group from our blog was upmost priority. I had also included it in my 2019 welcome message as part of our strategy to get more loyal readers. Around the same time, I revived our twitter, Facebook and Instagram pages – Pinterest came later.
Fast forward to 365 days later, we have delivered one of the most exciting WhatsApp groups on your phone, we have 100 people in our group, we have created a community where interesting and intelligent individuals come together to discuss issues with maturity and the understanding and respect for diversity of opinions.
Undoubtedly, the WhatsApp group have become the most effective and efficient way to pass information across to our readers. Together, we have created wonderful memories; we have celebrated the holy matrimony of Samuel Ogunniyi and Rachel Oyedele, Mr. Mordi and his wife, birth of Oluwafunmilayo, Chidera, Idara, Ezinne, Oraekwuotu, Sparks’ daughter. We have had to settle a lot of disputes, two of our writers had a major disagreement sometimes in the past. We have celebrated a lot of birthdays, weddings and other interesting events on the group.
Interestingly, our WhatsApp group created a wonderful experience when Kehinde and Tobi met in a bus. Co-incidentally, Kehinde was checking our group for some wonderful content when Tobi, who sat beside him in a commercial bus noticed and reached out to him. They exchanged pleasantries and got along immediately. Guys, prior to that event, Kehinde and Tobi had never met before.
As we continue to create interesting and fantastic moments together in 2020 and beyond, I want to thank everyone on our WhatsApp group and all our social media platforms for their love, support and understanding. However, we need more.
Conclusively, in less than 15 days in 2020, we have created our Telegram and Tumblr accounts which means that we are active on all social media platforms. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Telegram and Tumblr. All you need to do is to search for – SHEGZSABLEZS on these platforms.

We are SHEGZSABLEZS’ blog, we are one of the fastest growing lifestyle blogs in the country.



Oluwole Olusanya is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of one of the fastest growing lifestyle blogs in the country. He is a banker, writer, blogger, public affairs analyst and a tax consultant. He anchors Trending Topics on SHEGZSABLEZS’ Blog where he shares his thoughts and opinions on trending issues.
He is currently studying for a Masters Degree in Business Administration at the University of South Wales, Wales, United Kingdom. He has diplomas in Banking and Finance, Investigative Journalism, Creative Writing and Linguistics from Lagos State Polytechnic, Isolo, Lagos, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland and The Open University, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom

Comments