SATURDAY NIGHTS WITH SPARKS


ANDIKAN THE TOOTHFAIRY
I have a kid sister who is really a ‘lastborn’ by all definition and the age gap mehn!! When you are like 15 years older than your sister ehh... I remember when she told me to play hide and seek with her and I was like WTF!! (Where’s the fish...if you interpreted wrongly, you need Jesus).
So, on this fateful day, she came to my room at around 9:00pm in the night, showing me a tooth she just lost, her milk teeth obviously...and before I continue, my sister loooooves cartoons. Sophia the first, spongebob, kungfu panda, penguins of Madagascar, tinkerbell, you name it... (I can go on and on...because I love cartoons too).
Yesso, back to my story, she showed me the tooth and said that she would keep it under her pillow for the tooth fairy to take it and drop a coin. You could see the seriousness on her face and the passion in her voice...and I felt for her ehhh...I didn’t want her to wake up disappointed, so I made up a plan.
Interestingly, she slept off in my room but she was awake at 11:00pm!! She wanted to run to her room and check, I told her; "no, tooth fairies only come when you are asleep”. She agreed and dozed off again. While she was asleep, I picked up the tooth, threw it outside and dropped NGN50 under her pillow. Hmm, I remember that when I was younger, we used to throw ours in the zinc and pray that lizards don't swallow them.  ...ajebo children of nowadays sha....
 After doing that, Me kukuma sleep as sister caro talk say dem re-schedule our winchy meeting...lol
Early in the morning, I woke up and went about my chores. I intentionally didn’t wake her....*winks*. I heard her running to the kitchen some few minutes later, she calling my name with all excitement; "Sister Andikan!! The tooth fairy came; she dropped NGN50 naira for me and took my tooth".
With the most serious face and trying not to laugh, I told her she was lying and accused her of putting the money there but she kept trying to convince me, she promised to tell all her friends at school that day but inside my mind I was like; "see gobe".
 As she left the kitchen, I heard her say "thank you tooth-fairy....."

Author: Here is what Andikan Inyang also known as 'Sparks' has too...................

 

As a Chemical Engineering graduate, former Immigration Officer and present day banker.....and most importantly, a foodie, I hide behind my pen.......therein lies my strength. I hope to pursue a career in writing and explore the world of poetry. So help me God.

Comments