RANDOM MUSINGS OF A TYPICAL WRITER



O ga o (ee tall o), you feefu didn’t hear from me last week and only Tomi cared to ask why I was MIA abi? Weldon, now I know who my real friends are. Please don't beg me joor, mo ti binu tan (I don ves scatter)! Okay, I was working assiduously to write a nice piece for you guys but I could not think of anything to write on. Writer's block, right? Yeah, it happens to the very best of us.
So, I had plans to write extensive reviews on two books I am reading simultaneously but I have not concluded any of them yet. They are wonderful books from powerful authors. They are 'Dare To Be Different' and 'A Higher Loyalty'. The first is a book written to celebrate the life and times of a powerful and influential Nigerian - Senator (Otunba) Olabiyi Durojaiye, the present Chairman of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) on his 85th Birthday. The second book was authored by the Former Director of the Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) James Comey; this book tells us about the nifty gritty of the American justice system and its also highlights the importance of ethical leadership in every workplace.

Obviously, both are fantastic reads and I hope to write wonderful summaries that will capture the most infinitesimal details without leaving out the important message the authors intend to pass across. Writers gatta write, don’t we?
Meanwhile, I thought it would be a great idea to do something different today. So, we would be discussing some critical issues that have continued to dominate headlines in the build up to the 2019 general elections. Dear brethren, lets teleport back to the previous week's activities and discuss the events that dominated the headlines of our national dailies and continue to trend on social media.
        I.            Dino Melaye - The news about Senator Dino Melaye and his un-ceremonial arrest, the controversy it has since generated and other related issues have continued to dominate front-pages in the most dramatic manner.
About two weeks ago, I stumbled on a video in which the Senator was caught on camera sitting on the bare floor along a popular expressway in Abuja, he was surrounded by Security Agents and he can be heard threaten to kill himself at their expense. Truth be told, I do not have the full details of the Senator's arrest and his ordeal with security forces in recent times but we would all agree that the embattled Senator is always in the news for the wrong reasons and he does not possess the decorum and resolve expected of a distinguished legislator.
      II.            PMB & 'The 'Lazy' Nigerian Youth statement' - 'Wow, this one won’t just go away!'
My article about the President's statement titled; "DEAR LAZY NIGERIAN YOUTH, THIS ONE IS FOR YOU" has continued to generate a lot of positive reactions and comments. Guess what fwends? It is the second most read article on my blog and you can check it out here. Please read it and leave a comment.
    III.            Big Brother Naija Grande Finale - Okay, I learnt Miracle is the latest millionaire in town and a lot of girls are seriously tracking him down. Trust Naija chics nao, dey no dey carry last. Funny enough, I was never interested in that show partly because of my moral resolve and the fact it is time-wasting. No offense to anybody though, this is my personal opinion and I might be wrong but the picture below was screen-grabbed from a Whats-app status.

I totally believe that we need to invest our time and money in more profitable ventures. We need to stop enriching the rich at our own expense. We need a re-think.
 IV.            Davido's Betday Gift - Apparently, Chioma got a NGN45Million Porsche on her birthday from her boyfriend and it’s stirred a lot of debate on social media and beyond.
I am offended, I brought a NGN100 Million property for my ex-girlfriend to console her after breaking up with her in my dream and nobody said anything. ‘Is it because I am not as famous as Davido? Or, is it because I am yet to wake up from the dream? My God will judge all of you o!’😠😠😠😠😠😠

Okay, I rest my case.

God Bless Us All

Olusanya, Oluwole Sheriff






Comments