POEMS COURTESY OF BLOSSOM




Becoming More

He would watch me tilt my face up
Shakara, he would call it
He had no clue, it was me,
hiding from my fears.

Child, he would say sometimes,
But I never argued.
For now, I want to be a child,
Adored and cherished, loved and admonished,
He sees a giant he would say,
He sees something more
And I too, shaking off the feeling,
That there could be more, became nothing more.



But today is different you see,
Today I kiss the shackles of fear goodbye
Today I embrace courage and hope, daring fear as I stare in Its face
Today I dance like the wind, soaring and conquering where I wish.
Today I am becoming more.
I tell myself every day
Even on days it seems as though I’m forgetting, I remind myself.
My footsteps are different now
So is my speech, my carriage and my countenance.

So I ask myself, why not sooner,
This more I’m becoming.




Blossom obi is a writer and a public speaker, from Imo state Oru East LGA, in the eastern part of Nigeria. She was born and raised in city of Lagos. Writing has always been second nature to her, having written several write ups, poems and articles online. She is the author of ‘The Broken Woman’, a series article written to help women who go through challenges from family, health, relationships amongst others, giving them a sense of hope as well as transforming whatever situation they find themselves as they become better versions of themselves. She is also the founder of blossomobiblog.com.ng and the founder of True Women Foundation.

Comments