POEMS WITH RUKENNY





LETTING YOU GO

Letting you go,
Was how much I loved you!
I couldn't fight your freedom.
Your quest to explore
The adventures that life offered.
Cos I wanted you to be happy.

Like a bird,
I let you fly.
To unravel the mysteries
That lurks around you.
And I found solace
buried in your memories.

Daily, I hoped that when it hurts
And your adventure tastes sour
Maybe, You'd remember
I was waiting patiently
To take you back.
But you never did.

Maybe I shouldn't have let you go!

©®RUKENNY.




Esther Kalu Ndidi also known as Rukenny is budding poet, short story writer, content writer, freelance writer and journalist who explores her love for writing with the scribbles from her heart, with the aim of impacting positive change. She is a student of Mass Communication in Yaba College of Technology, Lagos

Comments