POEMS COURTESY OF BLOSSOM



CHANNELLING


Today, I watched a volcano and lighting lit up in my head.

Unable to describe which exactly, is how I’m feeling but I’ve been told to channel no matter how much It hurts or how much I hoped it would have been better.

So this is me channeling.

I’m thinking of endless victories and possibilities that would come from the things nobody believed I could birth.

I’m thinking, this time I want to give my best to everything, even if I’m the best which isn’t really the goal. The goal is to become better every time at any given thing small or big. 

Giving it your best and not settling for the last victory but striving for a better best than I can give.

I’m thinking if I could give my best and not settle, if you could give your best and not settle, what would it be? Where would we be? What would you be?


Blossom Obi is a writer and a public speaker, from Imo state Oru East LGA, in the eastern part of Nigeria. She was born and raised in the city of Lagos. Writing has always been second nature to her, having written several write-ups, poems, and articles online. She is the author of ‘The Broken Woman’, a series of article written to help women who go through challenges from family, health, relationships amongst others, giving them a sense of hope as well as transforming whatever situation they find themselves as they become better versions of themselves. She is also the founder of blossomobiblog.com.ng and the founder of the True Women Foundation.

Comments