LAST SUPPER WITH EDDYFLAMES




THE BET
It’s 5pm at Sailors lounge,
Sitting on the barstool, With my usual.
A glass of martini shaken not stirred,
I zoned out staring at the maze picture on the wall,
More of a trance you could say, wondering why I got involved with Thelma,
Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulders, it pulled me out,
Raised my head to my right, it was Kendrick, definitely Kendrick.
Always the Capital “I” in my Issues,
Howling my name as usual “The Big Edd”. Yea that’s my nickname “The Big Edd”,
Kendrick reaches out to his inner jacket pocket,
Drops a bundle, fifty thousand large at the bar,
Yelling, you won! You won everyone!! As he walked away,
Tony our usual barman replies, Big Edd, you won the Bet?
With a smile, nodded yes, but with remorse ordered a refill for the road,
Rushed it in two gulps.
Sorted my bill from Kendrick’s cash,
Waved tony and walked out,
My phone rings reached out for it, but I wasn’t fast enough,
I unlocked it and saw 7 missed calls and 5 messages all from Vicky,
Apparently, she has found out about the bet,
I stepped into my car, rushing home.
Vicky needs to hear my side of the story,
Now am home, parked at the carport,
While unstrapping my seat belt, I noticed her at the balcony,
Legs crossed and a straight face waiting on me,
The car engine is still on, thinking of what to say,
So I turned off the ignition and stepped out slowly,
To be continued …





Purple Butterfly.🦋

Imasuen Edward A. also known as EddyFlames with the signature - #PurpleButterfly is a banker whose passion for writing started at a very young age. He writes directly from his heart and He hopes to make the world a better place with his artistic talents.

Comments