POEMS BY ONE MICAIAH





*To Uwaoma, My Love*

I know
The one-week old relationship
Seemed totally aimless
I wondered throughout its days
Why I asked for it
Knowing it might never work

Truly
Maybe nothing changed in you
Accepting to come in with me
Must have been an irresistible compulsion
Of how sweetless I sound these days

However
It’s been a one-time adventure for me
Empty
And at the same time
Filled with too much lessons of life
Lessons I'm choosing not to divulge now

Strongly
I believe we've had enough of ourselves already
And to continue
I’d definitely not expect

Interestingly
My balls would jump for joy
To hear you're back
To know you'd stay
To be assured we can be
Together forever

Thoughtfully
I’d place a lot of blame on you
For not trying at all
To make this thing walk
Even if it’s going to end up not working

Fortunately
I’d like to blame myself more
For not showing you more of me
How well-laid my bed has been
Ready to allow you sleep on softly
And how warm my arms are
To make you feel as comforting as ever

Good thing is
It’s been a long time I wrote so well
And I’d thought you'd restore the vibes
Forcing me to write weller everyday
Maybe make you do more too
With a never-ending grace with us

Bad thing is
I’m scared this might never come through

Worse still
Is to never find the truth
To tell the next potential LOML

This is getting too long
Whatever your heart says
Let’s follow
My heart strongly goes for you
But if worse comes to the worst
The same heart would look for another
After grieving the loss of a rarely potential love

Conclusionally
Until our conclusion is made by you
I’ll be waiting patiently
As I've always waited
With an unquenchable love
Farewell
Uwaoma, My love
.


©One Micaiah




Mikaiah Sunday Oyepintemi also known as One Micaiah is a Medical Laboratory Science graduate of the College of Medicine of the University of Lagos, a writer of poems and short stories and a lover of life. He is a believer of love and true friendship. Writing, to him, is the only way he can speak without talking. He hopes to write and publish as many books as he can, while alive. He looks forward to meeting new friends too. Please follow him on Twitter @One_Micaiah.

Comments