POEMS WITH RUKENNY

 

ANXIETY

 

I can tell everything that you feel.

How your emotions choke you to kill.

Even when hope whispers, it's only failure that you see

And winning is only but a big deal.

 

You're just like the seashore!

Anxiety comes to you like surging waves.

It blows so hard that you're not even sure

Of the beautiful dreams that your heart craves for.

 

Unstable and unsteady like tides,

It shakes everything in your inside.

It Spins so fast like hurricane wind

And disrupts the balance of your mind.

 

Anxiety is a filling feeling.

It leaves your thoughts screaming.

"You can't do it!" It says

And you live with that fear every day!

 

This feeling fills you up so full

That you think everyone would see you as a fool.

But really, of what use is Anxiety

When it shouldn't even be a necessity?

 

They say different levels with different devils

Anxiety is only one out of those different devils.

Just Calm down!!! Breathe!!! and look it in the eyes

You'll see that everything it says are all lies.

 

Anxiety, how can it be

That you've had the best of me?

You knock out my beautiful dreams with the fear that you bring

As I wrestle you endlessly in my mind like on a ring.

 

The thought of you leaves my blood pumping.

It accelerates my heart's speed and leave it racing.

My head hurts so badly cos you leave it spinning

And I only wish I could find peace with a touch of healing.

 

Anxiety, you're like a fog, unclear and blurry.

All you ever do is dim my vision and leave me weary.

My best abilities became my hurting weaknesses.

And You became the worst of my pain inflicting sicknesses.

 

You were like a friendly enemy

The one I thought was a comforting remedy

Until the veil that covered my eyes fell.

Then, I realized that I didn't even know you that well.

 

I didn't know how much of a parasite you were, feeding on my soul.

Daily, you broke every piece of me so I wouldn't be whole.

The only thing I want you to know

Is that I'm done with you! It's time for you to go!!!

 

©®RUKENNY




Esther Kalu Ndidi also is known as Rukenny is a budding poet, short story writer, content writer, freelance writer and journalist who explores her love for writing with the scribbles from her heart, with the aim of impacting positive change. She is a student of Mass Communication in Yaba College of Technology, Lagos.

Comments