RONKEWRITES



Self-Worth
Welcome To Chapter One
Self-worth, also known as self-esteem means that you value yourself, you are important, you are a good person and you deserve to be treated with respect. Self-worth is an internal state of being. It comes from self-understanding, self-love, self-respect, self-value, self-importance and self-acceptance. It's all about accepting who you are and placing so much value on yourself regardless of what others say or do. The truth is if you don't value yourself, you won't value those around you. People with so much confidence should never see themselves as worthless or not important. Your confidence builds your self-worth. Everyone is special in their own way and that's why it is very important to think highly of yourself. Thinking highly of yourself means you value, respect, love, cherish, adore yourself irrespective of what people think about you.        
Self-worth is not pride and that's one mistake people often make. People tend to mistake self-worth for pride. When they see how highly you think of yourself and how much you value yourself, they will say you are proud. Self-worth isn't pride. The more value you attach to yourself, the more determined you are. The more value you attach to yourself, the greater things you achieve. Self-worth is important because it serves as a motivation to help people explore their potentials. You need to start believing in yourself and stop seeing yourself as worthless. You came into this world alone so why worry about the things you are not or what people say or think about you. The time you spend to explore yourself in a negative way should be spent on how you can achieve your dreams and heart desires. You should spend more time thinking of how to showcase your potentials to the world and value yourself more.      
Since I was a child, I never looked down on myself. In fact, the one thing that has always kept me moving is how much I value myself and see myself better than anyone. My friends and people around me took my attitude as pride but that was the only way I valued myself and saw myself as important. Back then in class, I considered myself better than my classmates. It's not pride but that was the only way I could perform well in so many activities. Whenever I was given a task, I put in my best so I can emerge as the best. I saw myself as a winner already even without being called a winner. We all need to find out what motivates us and act on it.       
From my findings and observations, I discovered that people who lack self-worth or self-esteem have gone through several challenges both in the past and present. Some of them put in so much work to do something but in the end it failed. This makes them doubt themselves and not believe in themselves anymore. Some have also been trying to do something over and over again but it keeps failing. This diminishes their self-worth and gives them a feeling of not being able to achieve anything. If you fall into this category, don't blame yourself because there is a word called CONSISTENCY.     
                  
To be continued!!!     

Note: The topic on self-worth will be continued in the next episode. If you have any questions, please leave a message in the comment section and I will answer to the best of my knowledge. Thank you.

 Igbi, Blessing Aderonke anchors - RonkeWrites. A weekly column on SHEGZSABLEZS’BLOG where she shares her novels, short stories, poems, inspirational/motivational books, and quotes.  She is an undergraduate of English Education at the University of Lagos. She believes in true love and sincere friendship. She loves to offer advice on matters of the heart and hopes to become a famous writer and publish as many books as possible. Please follow her on Instagram @ronke16-official and Facebook @Blessing Igbi.

Comments