Take me to Georgia



In this small and wonderful country, you can find happiness at any time of the year here. In fact, you can find everything in Georgia. In a few hours, you can get from the humid subtropics to the eternal snow on its mountain peaks. The palm trees on the sea coast are a stone’s throw away from the ski resorts. In the colourful and unpredictable Tbilisi, sixth-century churches stand side-by-side with bars, nightclubs, and hookah pubs on cozy old streets.

In Georgia, everyone can find something to their liking. Those who love relaxing holidays can enjoy the local cuisine that is, incidentally, considered one of the best in the world. Moreover, you can walk through narrow streets and explore the sights forever, because every street corner has some fascinating history behind it. And after taking the famous Tbilisi’s sulfur baths, you’ll be on cloud nine.

If you prefer something more active, you can go skiing, rafting, climbing, horseback riding, or hiking in one of the more rugged places in the Caucasus Mountains.

Bright Side advises absolutely everyone to visit this beautiful and extremely hospitable country. We promise — you’ll want to come here over and over again!

Take me to Georgia

Sighnaghi and the Alazani Valley are the birthplaces of the best Georgian wines.

Take me to Georgia

Overview of Old Tbilisi and the Narikala Fortress.

Take me to Georgia 
The famous sulfur bathhouses in Tbilisi’s old town.

Take me to Georgia

Folk dances are the national treasure of Georgia.

Take me to Georgia 

A stunning view of the sea and the resort city, Batumi, from a cable car.

Take me to Georgia 
An evening view of Batumi.

Take me to Georgia

Ski resorts in Georgia are all about beautiful views, lots of snow, and slopes for every taste.

Take me to Georgia 
A church on the lonely Katskhi Pillar.

Take me to Georgia 
Sighnaghi, aka City of Love, is very popular among those who want to get married.

Take me to Georgia

Ali and Nino, the famous moving sculptures in Batumi.

Take me to Georgia

Tbilisi in winter.

Take me to Georgia

A view of one of the highest peaks of the Caucasus, Kazbek.

Take me to Georgia

Mount Ushba with its double peaks is a dream for any mountain climber and one of the most picturesque mountains in the Caucasus.

Take me to Georgia

The medieval Rabat fortress in Akhaltsikhe after recent reconstruction work.

Take me to Georgia 

The main Georgian delicacies are fruits and churchkhela.

Take me to Georgia

Georgian cuisine is an integral part of the culture of this country.

Take me to Georgia

The Ananuri Fortress on the banks of the Zhinvali river.

Take me to Georgia 
This scary serpentine road leads to one of the most inaccessible regions of Georgia, Tusheti.

Take me to Georgia 
Mtskheta was the ancient capital of the East Georgian Kingdom.

Take me to Georgia

A Caucasian sheepdog is indispensable in the mountains, where there are both wolves and bears.

Take me to Georgia

Svaneti is a region of tough mountain dwellers.



SOURCE: BRIGHTSIDE

Comments