RONKEWRITES




MY FIRST CRIME (EPISODE 2)

"How can you place a terrible curse on someone because of just two sachets of milk?" I asked her, looking so scared.
"Yes the person deserves it!” She yelled back at me. I was scared to death and thinking of my hair not growing again while my Dorm girls were in their world of laughter. Our Dorm head who was just returning from the dining hall became suspicious of everyone’s laughter but did not bother to ask any question. 
 "Senior Blessing, somebody stole my three crowns evaporated milk from my box and left the empty sachet under the bunk." My bunkmate reported the case to our Dorm Head and I was surprised at her action. "Why did you bring evaporated milk to school? Don't you know it's a contraband item?" Our Dorm Head asked my bunkmate to write a statement and promised to report her to the House Mistress. "Now I am going to place another terrible curse on that person. After stealing my milk, I still have to suffer for your theft!” My bunkmate said without directing her statement to anybody in particular. 
"Oh my God! What have I done? Now my offence is even bigger. I did not only steal the milk but also put my bunkmate in trouble. I have to confess." I said to myself and sat on my bed thinking about how short my hair will be forever.
The next day, our Housemistress came to the hostel and ordered my bunkmate to meet her outside. “So you brought a contraband item into the hostel? Who searched your things?" Our Housemistress asked her with so much rage. I watched my bunkmate shiver in fear and not utter a single word. “Now bring the rest of the milk. I will take you to the Senior Boarding Housemistress for severe punishment" My bunkmate rushed into the dorm to take the remaining sachets of milk. I watched all these happen from the back of the pillar, where I stood. 
"All these punishment for the owner of the milk, so what punishment will be given to the person who stole part of the milk?"  I said to myself and this time around, I was already confused to know the next step to take. 
                 

To be continued

 Igbi, Blessing Aderonke anchors - RonkeWrites. A weekly column on SHEGZSABLEZS’BLOG where she shares her novels, short stories, poems, inspirational/motivational books and quotes.  She is an undergraduate of English Education in the University of Lagos. She believes in true love and sincere friendship. She loves to offer advice on matters of the heart and hopes to become a famous writer and publish as many books as possible. Please follow her on Instragram @ronke16-official and Facebook @Blessing Igbi.


Comments

  1. I love the concept and message... Good job dear, may God honor your efforts.
    Keep doing great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Thanks for your positive comment. Please check other interesting articles out on the blog and tell your friends to do the same.

      Delete

Post a Comment