POEMS WITH RUKENNY




SORRY, I'VE MOVED ON
You left
Packed up your love when you went
"Goodbye baby" were your last words
You said,
You wanted to explore the world.
That I held you in chains
And you wanted to break free.
You told me to forget about you
And you'll do the same too
You told me you were not coming back
That I should erase your memories to blank
Your words left me painted in black
My heart bleed
I never thought it would mend
I begged,
But you looked me in the eye
And you pledged
Nothing but GOODBYE!

Goodbye was what you told me
Now, you want us back
As we used to be.
I thought you said
You will never come back
Why are you here now?
Are you done exploring your adventures?
The one my love couldn't offer you
I thought I was a prison
You escaped from
Did you really have to come back?
You left when I needed you the most
Tell me why
I should believe you won't leave me again
To taste pain
My heart is not your toy
Sorry, I've moved on.

©®RUKENNY





Esther Kalu Ndidi also known as Rukenny is budding poet, short story writer, content writer, freelance writer and journalist who explores her love for writing with the scribbles from her heart, with the aim of impacting positive change. She is a student of Mass Communication in Yaba College of Technology, Lagos.

Comments