RONKEWRITES



My First Crime (Part 1)

My mother always told me that stealing is bad and  she made me promise her that I will never take what does not belong to me. During Sunday school class, our teacher taught us a song which made me realize how bad stealing is. She told us anybody caught stealing would be severely dealt with and I never took her word for a joke. I lay down on my bed staring at the ceiling. My hostel was very quiet that hot afternoon and as JSS1 newcomers, we weren't allowed to leave the hostel. The feeling of hunger paraded my stomach. My bunkmate was asleep and so were my dorm girls. I couldn't wait any longer for the dining food so I decided to try something new since everybody was asleep. 

Earlier in the morning, I had seen my bunkmate put two rolls of three crowns milk in her box and she didn't lock it with a padlock like she always did. I decided to take just two sachets of milk and keep the rest. About to take the milk, I remembered the promise I made to my mother and the song our Sunday school teacher taught us about stealing. I remembered the words of my Sunday school teacher " anybody caught stealing would be severely punished!!". " Since everyone is asleep, I won't get caught" I said to myself and hurriedly opened the box to take only two sachets of milk. " No one saw me" I said to myself and drank the milk quietly.

Later that afternoon, I was coming back from the dining hall with my friends when I heard my bunkmate shouting. I was scared of going into the dormitory to know what why she was shouting so loud. I just decided to be courageous and I said to myself " if she is shouting about her milk, I will just confess and buy her another one". As I stepped into the dormitory,. I opened my mouth in shock when I saw her holding the two sachets of milk and heard her say " the hair of the person who drank this milk will never grow long". 


The Story Continues.


Igbi, Blessing Aderonke anchors - RonkeWrites. A weekly column on SHEGZSABLEZS’BLOG where she shares her novels, short stories, poems, inspirational/motivational books and quotes.  She is an undergraduate of English Education in the University of Lagos. She believes in true love and sincere friendship. She loves to offer advice on matters of the heart and hopes to become a famous writer and publish as many books as possible. Please follow her on Instragram @ronke16-official and Facebook @Blessing Igbi.

Comments

  1. Omg😨, stealing's really bad though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, for your comment. Please read other interesting posts on the blog and tell your friends to do the same.

      Delete
  2. Hmm !
    Las las u sha cast abi, and the matter reach the dormitory mistress?
    Great job Aderonke !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will need to wait till saturday evening to find if she 'cast' or not.

      Please check other interesting posts out on the blog and tell your friends to do the same.

      Thanks for the positive comment.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks alot. God bless you.

      Please read other interesting articles on the blog and tell your friends to do the same.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the positive comments.

      Please check other interesting stuff out on the blog and tell your friends to do the same.

      Delete
  5. Hmmm can't wait to read subsequent episodes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. They are out already, you do not need to wait.
      Episode Two is -https://shegzsablezs.blogspot.com/2019/11/ronkewrites_30.html.
      Episode Three is - https://shegzsablezs.blogspot.com/2019/12/ronkewrites.html and Episode Four which is the finally episode is - https://shegzsablezs.blogspot.com/2019/12/ronkewrites_21.html

      Please read, like and comment on them and check other interesting articles out on the blog and tell your friends to do the same. Seasons Greetings from everyone at SHEGZSABLEZS' Blog. God bless you.

      Delete

Post a Comment