POEMS COURTESY OF BLOSSOM




Something New

It’s hard to describe how I feel presently but I know I want more.
Seconds turns to minutes, weeks to months and I wonder if this is what I want.
Piece by piece, I’m endued afresh, birthed a new.
My heart and mind unable to carry this new capacity.
Renewed strength and zeal encompasses me this time like never before.
My mind catches a glimpse of my foretold glory,
And I in eagerness walk towards it.
Unchangingly, I’m wakened anew filled with untold strength.
My mind refusing any other energy but the one that drives me to light.
My whole body shakes with voltages of positivity waiting to burst.
I can’t really describe it but it’s close to perfection,
Putting fire in every part that joins each bone,
At least I’m certain of one thing, my flight is sure.





Blossom obi is a writer and a public speaker, from Imo state Oru East LGA, in the eastern part of Nigeria. She was born and raised in city of Lagos. Writing has always been second nature to her, having written several write ups, poems and articles online. She is the author of ‘The Broken Woman’, a series article written to help women who go through challenges from family, health, relationships amongst others, giving them a sense of hope as well as transforming whatever situation they find themselves as they become better versions of themselves. She is also the founder of blossomobiblog.com.ng and the founder of True Women Foundation.

Comments