LAST SUPPER WITH EDDYFLAMES



THE BET (THE CONCLUSION)
… I climbed the stairs ploddingly,
still no clue of how to set things straight,
Unlike Mandela, I am on a long work to redemption,
I slowly turned the door knob,
As I was about to speak, she gentle asked me to seat,
I placed my butt gentle on the chair,
Like I was on a land mine,
Observing the whole scenario,
I noticed a bottle of Cabernet on her hand.
A wine glass, her phone, and a cutlery knife on a table,
A packed up suit case by the door,
The glass shows, she’s had a couple of pours.
Her phone, I guess she has made several calls,
The suit case, wondering whose belongings are in there (hers or mine),
The knife! Why is there a knife?
I know she isn’t temperamental or suicidal,
Deep down she’s battling a war of words inside her,
Biting her lips and taking a deep breath,
She stares at me, calls my name in full … EDWARD.
You know this wine was meant for my promotion,
I want you to have that in mind.
So Edward! why the Bet?
Now am in a dilemma, if there’s anyone to get me out,
It’s going to be the truth, nothing but the truth,
So I said, babes;
boys will be boys and games will be played,
It was all a prank gone bad,
A dice was cast my way and I was said to have lost my game,
I laughed and declined their attestation,
But the bet came to pass, when a pretty lady walked into the bar,
Kendrick’s called me out and the guys succumbed to him,
I pleaded for a parley but it was to no avail,
They became persuasive as our drinking got in tense.
Apparently one of the guys were in her past.
With much chanting I lost my focus,
I stirred at the lady and I smiled,
I smiled because fortune was on my side,
I got the guys boxed and called for a wager,
And the bet came into existence,
I walked to the lady, with a glass of bourbon,
A glass a bourbon my lady, she turned and smiled,
I sat down beside her backing the guys,
Lady Thelma I said, with a smile on my face,
She responded, the Big Edd,
it’s been years and you never forgot my love for whipped Bourbon,
I replied old habits die hard,
Thelma was my ex during youth service,
After minutes of catching along, I told her about the Bet,
She giggled hard, and stared at the guys,
Surprisingly she was game with the bet,
Apparently she wanted pay back, for her past with one of the guys,
We both left the lounge to the car lot,
She promised a gift to seal the bet,
We left our separate ways without the guys knowing.
Later that night I got a message from Thelma,
A picture of her Valkyrie Tattoo on her hip,
It was tagged with a note,
for your boys, Jude (her ex) would confirm.
I was surprised because when we dated, she had no Tattoo,
Immediately, I sent the pic to the guys,
Tagging it #conquest,
And that’s the whole truth babes,
Vicky smiled and passed the cup to me,
I knew of your past with Thelma but needed to be sure she isn’t in our present,
So I sipped from the cup and congratulated her on her promotion,
She smiled, saying you need a change friends,
I replied I know babes, I really do,
The end.
Purple Butterfly.


Purple Butterfly.🦋

Imasuen Edward A. also known as EddyFlames with the signature - #PurpleButterfly is a banker whose passion for writing started at a very young age. He writes directly from his heart and He hopes to make the world a better place with his artistic talents.


Comments