POEMS COURTESY OF BLOSSOM


           

Mother

 

I want to feel the warmth of your words

Their embrace telling me I'll be fine.

Your face, promising me and your eyes agreeing

Never again would I have to face that,

Never again would anyone I loved, or I would love, face that.

 

Your silent whispers gathering into screams and exclamation

Assuring me of your unconditional care.

Maybe I'm not a daddy's girl,

Maybe I'm your girl after all

Maybe I've longed for you too much to even care

 

I want to be able to tell you everything

I want to be able to feel your kisses in my cheeks,

Your tear Stained face on mine.

For the horror your hopes I didn't have to see,

My memories didn't have to collect.

 

If we would have had a chance to come back to this world, many of us would choose or not choose our mothers again and again. It doesn't change the fact that there are certain reasons propelling their actions and also their thought process.

Many a time, we want our mothers to be our best friend. We wished she would sometimes see things from our perspective. We silently hoped she would understand why we didn't follow some of her prescription, but above all we earnestly pray that she'd stay long enough to bask in the Euphoria of her dreams for us.




Blossom Obi is a writer and a public speaker, from Imo state Oru East LGA, in the eastern part of Nigeria. She was born and raised in the city of Lagos. Writing has always been second nature to her, having written several write-ups, poems, and articles online. She is the author of ‘The Broken Woman’, a series article written to help women who go through challenges from family, health, relationships amongst others, giving them a sense of hope as well as transforming whatever situation they find themselves as they become better versions of themselves. She is also the founder of blossomobiblog.com.ng and the founder of True Women Foundation.

Comments

  1. Thank You for your comment.

    Please continue to read our blog and tell your family and friends to do the same.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment