RONKEWRITES


Beware of Pride (Part 2)

In our last session on the topic "Beware of Pride”, I talked about the exact meaning of pride, how it can affect our lives in general and those guilty of pride. I will like to still mention that anybody can be guilty of pride. It is not just the young and immature that exhibit pride. Whenever I hear people say pride is my nature or I was born with it, I just laugh.

Pride is an attitude you can change if worked on with determination and some form of consistency. It's all about getting rid of the old character and exhibiting a humble trait. The moment you see that your pride is affecting your everyday life, it is better to change your attitude. In all my writings, I love to share my experience. I believe sharing my experience will enable my readers learn from my mistake and learn new things.

Growing up, I was a proud fellow. I selected friends, I looked down on people, I placed myself above everyone and I never took to corrections. But all these began to backfire. The effects of pride began to overshadow several aspects of myself. I lost some of my friends and there are some people I wish I never rejected. I can say all these because it's a thing of the past. I've learnt from my mistakes and I am now a humble fellow.

You may see pride as a natural attitude which one cannot get rid of but that's not true, there are several ways to get rid of pride which I am going to share with you. 

Apologize for being wrong because saying sorry goes a long way. It fixes problems and creates a happy atmosphere. Whenever you've hurt someone or done wrong against others, you apologize. Saying sorry is an attribute of a humble person. 

Say thank you - the word "thank you" may look easy to say but I tell you, many people find it difficult. When someone tries to correct you, you should show appreciation by saying thank you. Whenever you receive a gift, no matter how small or big it is, say thank you. When someone goes out of the way to offer you help, you should say thank you. Even though it is mandatory for the person to render you help, say thank you. Saying thank you goes a long way.

Learn to say please - Easy to spell but difficult to say. Most times we want favors from people, we want help but saying the word ‘please’ is difficult for most people. A proud fellow will never say please. When you put or include please before a request, the person will be willing to do it with a joyful heart. The word ‘please’ can also be used in different ways and manner of occasions. 

Don't look down on anyone - I mentioned earlier how I used to look down on people and raise my standard high. To be a humble person, you should encourage those that are weaker than you, don't compare yourself with anyone else and acknowledge the strength of others even though they appear better than you.        

Please permit me to stop here.

In our final episode which is episode 3 of the topic "Beware of Pride”, I will round up on tips to get rid of pride.  I hope you've learnt from this wonderful piece.

 Igbi, Blessing Aderonke anchors - RonkeWrites. A weekly column on SHEGZSABLEZS’BLOG where she shares her novels, short stories, poems, inspirational/motivational books, and quotes.  She is an undergraduate of English Education at the University of Lagos. She believes in true love and sincere friendship. She loves to offer advice on matters of the heart and hopes to become a famous writer and publish as many books as possible. Please follow her on Instagram @ronke16-official and Facebook @Blessing Igbi.

Comments

  1. Yayyy go girl, can't wait for episode 3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much... Episode 3 will be out soon

      Delete
  2. Me too, Jude. I cant wait for the next episode.

    Ronke makes this things very easy.

    Thank You for your comment, Jude.

    Please continue to read our blog and tell your family and friends to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for your comment.

    Please continue to read our blog and tell your family and friends to do the same.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment