POEMS WITH RUKENNY


NOT MY FATHER

 

I once had a father

Whose heart was a stream

Flowing endlessly with beautiful dreams.

Always, his lips shot smiles

Like bullets beyond miles.

He was a pillar

That held us together.

When the clouds go grey

And the rain raged,

He taught us never to say never

That the sun will shine soon.

His eyes were a gallery

Flipping our memories

And held our unscripted stories.

 

This man I see now

Is not my father.

I guess I'm not his daughter either.

He is only a stranger

In the shape of my father.

Nursing broken dreams,

And drowning in his teary stream.

He is a cracked wall

Where depression and pain

Have crawled in like lizards.

He is a walking disaster

Waiting to happen.

A time bomb

About to explode.

My father is lost in this stranger.

 

©®RUKENNY





Esther Kalu Ndidi also is known as Rukenny is a budding poet, short story writer, content writer, freelance writer and journalist who explores her love for writing with the scribbles from her heart, with the aim of impacting positive change. She is a student of Mass Communication in Yaba College of Technology, Lagos.

Comments