POEMS BY ONE MICAIAH




    Choice is an act of selecting or making a decision when faced with two or more possibilities.   – Google
I was with a friend last night, and guess what? We argued vigorously about what Choice is. She wouldn’t accept the fact that everything we do, as life would have it, depends on Our Choices. I wasn’t ready to back down either, but as much as I tried to convince her (with the little knowledge I have about what choice is), the more she wanted to deny every reason I gave to illustrate why life is A Choice.
Come to think of it, what is Choice?
According to Google, it is an act of selecting or making a decision when faced with two or more possibilities.
Funny enough, when I asked my friend for her definition for Choice, she mentioned at least one of the most valid description of Choice. She started by saying Choice is a decision…
But you know what? She still wasn’t ready to accept that everything we do in life is a Choice. She didn’t need any more explanations from me, she just said she knows everything in life isn’t about Choice.
However, this was part of the reason I am bringing this here now, to know what you also think Choice means.
To me, Choice, in life, is everything. It is the reason I can eat instead of starving to death. It is the reason I can go for a cup of water instead of dying of thirst. It is the reason I can make good friends instead of copying the lifestyle of the bad ones. It is part of the reason I can go to class instead of sleeping and watching movies in my room all day only to fail the end semester exams. Most importantly, it is the reason I will always do what makes me continue living instead of finding hurt for myself.
Seriously, isn’t that all a Choice? I could’ve at least choose to sleep and play during school sessions and read during exams in order to pass, but then, if I didn’t make up to enough attendance for any course I am to write for, I won’t be allowed the chance to even write, let alone passing the exam.
Anyways, I still want to know what you think about What Choice is to you. Kindly leave one or two comments down below.


Mikaiah Sunday Oyepintemi also known as One Micaiah is a Medical Laboratory Science graduate of the College of Medicine of the University of Lagos, a writer of poems and short stories and a lover of life. He is a believer of love and true friendship. Writing, to him, is the only way he can speak without talking. He hopes to write and publish as many books as he can, while alive. He looks forward to meeting new friends too. Please follow him on Twitter @One_Micaiah.

Comments

  1. Choice is everything because everything depends on choice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment