POEMS COURTESY OF BLOSSOM


STAY

I want to stay with you,

But they draw me, lots of them.

I want to be by your side.

I’m there, and sometimes I’m hindered by myself.

Will I be ready when you come?

Without red-faced guilt or excuses?

 

Right now, my mind and me want to stay.

It hungers for the power from staying with you.

A lot of times you whisper “

I know, I know, I tell you many times,

I’ll be there, assuring you and me,

Like the end wasn’t beginning for you.

 

Yet you stayed never flinching or fleeting

You never leave anyone behind.

I would renew my strength again, but I’m staying

This time leaving nothing and everything.

Clinging only to that which depicts you.

And the me you saw, from day one.



Blossom Obi is a writer and a public speaker, from Imo state Oru East LGA, in the eastern part of Nigeria. She was born and raised in the city of Lagos. Writing has always been second nature to her, having written several write-ups, poems, and articles online. She is the author of ‘The Broken Woman’, a series article written to help women who go through challenges from family, health, relationships amongst others, giving them a sense of hope as well as transforming whatever situation they find themselves as they become better versions of themselves. She is also the founder of blossomobiblog.com.ng and the founder of True Women Foundation.

Comments