RONKEWRITES


Disappointment (This Appointed time) Chapter Four

Welcome to the Fourth chapter of Disappointment. Please follow the link to read the first, second and third chapters.

Back at Tayo's house that same afternoon, some hoodlums came looking for him. To their greatest surprise, Tayo wasn't at home that moment.      

"Boss!!! We no see am o" One of the hoodlums conversed over with phone with their leader in pidgin.      

"Find am o!!!! I want him dead today. If I no kill am today, I no fit kill am again o". He spoke angrily and hanged up the call.  Garuba always had a grudge against Tayo right from their University days and this was because he refused to join his cult group and planned to expose their so called "Red five”. He had sent his gang to kill Tayo but unfortunately for him, Tayo went looking for Vanessa.      

"This accident was serious o". Tayo's mum said to Vanessa who had been staring in confusion ever since she got to the hospital.    

"I'm talking to you Vanessa!!!" She shouted.     

"Yes ma it is. I don't understand how it happened. I have no idea where he was going to." Vanessa said.   

Tayo lay unconscious on the hospital bed. He was in a bad state and couldn't communicate with anybody. The doctor confirmed he was in coma and suffered internal bleeding as a result of the accident.  

"Please stay with him, I will be back" Tayo's mother said and left the room. Vanessa was confused, she blamed herself for Tayo’s present state. "I'm sorry Tayo, I know everything is my fault. I wish I told you the reason for my decision. I hope it's not too late to tell you. Even though you are in coma, I know you can hear me. I took that decision because... “. Vanessa was about to spill the beans when the doctor walked in. 

"Please we need to run some tests on him" The doctor said to Vanessa. She got up and headed towards the door. "Please he needs to rest and shouldn't be disturbing in any way" He said. " Alright, I understand” Vanessa nodded in agreement then left.


 Igbi, Blessing Aderonke anchors - RonkeWrites. A weekly column on SHEGZSABLEZS’BLOG where she shares her novels, short stories, poems, inspirational/motivational books, and quotes.  She is an undergraduate of English Education at the University of Lagos. She believes in true love and sincere friendship. She loves to offer advice on matters of the heart and hopes to become a famous writer and publish as many books as possible. Please follow her on Instagram @ronke16-official and Facebook @Blessing Igbi.

Comments